A Tinder vs. Clover comparative guide can be instrumental in helping any potential online dater choose the best dating app. Tinder is mainly known for the swiping feature that enables you to connect with other users. It has a global presence and is still unrivaled when it comes to dating. Despite the reputation, there is too little you can do on the dating app without a premium subscription. Besides, filtering match suggestions might be impossible because your location primarily determines who you meet. Otherwise, you would have to acquire the ‘Swipe around the field’ feature to connect with people distant from your location.
On the other hand, Clover seems to be Tinder’s competitor as its services seem to be better. There is a lot you can do as a free subscriber. Meeting other people is open to everyone, though upgrading might be necessary. As a free subscriber, you can message people you like and find true dates without upgrading. With these facts and many others, how do the two compare? Which dating app is suitable for you? The Clover dating app vs. Tinder app review should be an ideal place to start when unsure of a viable one.
If you are unsure of the best dating app when comparing Tinder vs. Clover, below are some of the factors you should consider before deciding on using either.
1. Registration process: Signing up on Clover takes less than three minutes and you can do so by linking your Facebook or availing an email address. You have to include your dating intentions; casual hookup sites, new friends, social networks, and long-term relationships. Uploading your photo is critical when signing up. Linking your Facebook profile makes registration easier as it imports all your details to your profile. The final optional step requires you to choose a username, age, gender, ethnicity, orientation, and password. You will wait for verification before using your Clover account.
Contrastingly, Tinder’s registration is simple and takes approximately eight minutes. You can register via a phone number or email, or by adding your Facebook account. Verification is done before submitting some basic information about your age, interests, and gender. Comparing Tinder vs. Clover, both tie in terms of creating profiles.
2. Ease of use, accessibility, and convenience: Both Tinder and Clover are accessible via a mobile application that you can download from the App Store or Google Play Store. Comparing the Clover dating app vs. Tinder app accessibility, navigating Tinder for first-timers might be overwhelming.
3. Communication features: Before you choose either of the dating apps, it would help select one with several contacting features. Clover has a primary texting feature that allows free users to send messages to their matches. You can access other contact tools after upgrading your membership. However, Clover has a mandatory validation requirement for its users to contact each other. This way, the presence of fake profiles is minimized. Tinder has a basic communication feature only accessible to premium members. You could opt to contact other users via a live video call. Comparing the two, any user would prefer Clover as it has various ways of connecting with other users. However, Tinder would be perfect if you prefer live and virtual dates.
4. Membership plans should also influence your choice for one dating app over the other. Both Tinder and Clover appear to be expensive but based on their features accessible after upgrading, you could say it’s worth every coin. Clover’s premium charges start at $29.99 while Tinder starts at $14.99 for users below 28 and $29.99 for members above 28 years. Regardless, it would be best if you chose based on your interests.
5. Finding matches: How easy can you find a partner on either app? Clover has several search methods; you can find compatible suggestions in the ‘On demand section,’ ‘Mixers,’ and ‘Match Queue.’ Tinder has one main matchmaking algorithm –a user’s location determines who they get paired with. Between the two, Clover is perfect as it allows users to customize their match filters.
6. Safety features: Every time you contemplate a dating site, guaranteed safety protocols help decide. Both Tinder and Clover have several safety features, including contacting the support profiles. Tinder doesn’t make it mandatory to verify the authenticity of its profiles, especially for the users registering via Facebook. This creates room for fraudsters who could prey on unsuspecting users.
On the other hand, the Clover dating app has a strict verification process and will authenticate each profile during registration. Though both dating apps have quality safety features, Clover’s safety is guaranteed.
Whether you choose Tinder or Clover, both have premium subscriptions available for their members. How do the two compare? Let’s look at the premium plans for each dating app. Clover has two types of membership; VIP and Boost Pack.
Boost Packs consists of the following Credits:
You can choose either of the two premium plans, Tinder gold and Tinder plus. Both packages have two categories of membership packages; one for users below 28 years and those above 28. Below are the premium plans for either of the two categories:
Tinder gold for users aged below 28:
Tinder gold for users above aged above 28:
Tinder plus for subscribers aged below 28:
Tinder plus for people above 28 years:
Comparing the two dating apps, both have costly membership packages. However, your choice for one is subject to your needs and how you can easily meet them after upgrading.
Comparing Clover dating app vs. Tinder, both are great platforms for finding ideal hookups. Based on your interests, you could choose Tinder if you intend to find long-term relationships. Clover equally has a great opportunity for singles looking for serious networks. The following people can join either:
Using Clover comes with the following exclusive features:
Below are some of Tinder’s unique features:
Arguably, both dating apps have a significant user base; choosing between the two could be conflicting. If you were to choose one of the two based on popularity, Tinder would be viable. Some of the key differences between Tinder and Clover include: