Top Polyamorous Dating Sites 2020
Monogamy is not the only option you can have when it comes to romantic and sexual relationships. Although monogamy is commonly accepted and more spread worldwide, having several partners at the same time is normal and ethically justified nowadays.
Some people cannot get bound to one person only and live together happily to the end of their lives. They need more freedom in love and sexual experience and have the right to this.
You shouldn’t be ashamed or scared of your feelings or desires of being polyamorous, but find ways to be happy and bring someone love and delight as well. Luckily for you, modern technologies and possibilities allow you to find a suitable partner or partners with no hurdles.
The variety of polyamorous dating sites enables you to search and encounter a person with the same necessities and preferences as you are. With the correctly chosen dating platform, you will date polyamorous men and women with no boundaries. Apply filters on age, sex, interests, priorities, and other details, and meet your soulmate online and offline.
Meaning of Polyamorous Dating in 2020
Being a polyamorous means being in romantic and sexual relationships with several partners, with the partners consent about each other.
Polyamorous dating is also known as open relationships or the one with no responsibilities. Still, polyamorous couples do have some responsibility. The main thing is to be fair with each other, trust, support, commit to relationships, and so on, depending on your wishes and needs. All in all, they have all the monogamous couples do.
So, when people compare polygamy with betrayal and cheating, they get it wrong. When cheating, people lie about being loyal and dedicated to each other, while there is no place for a lie in a polyamorous relationship. They talk openly about their desires, relations, and plans for the partnership. Mainly the whole relationships are built on trust and open discussions.
When reaching a polyamorous dating site to look for a suitable partner, a person is aware of the type of relationship he/she is going to have. He/she automatically agrees to have several partners and to have a soulmate with more than one partner as well. As long as there is an agreement between mates about the matter of things, they even do not need to lie or hide something. There are only trust, commitment, and pleasure on top.
Pros and Cons of Polyamorous Dating
A polyamorous relationship is a lot of work to do. It is not only fun of a rich intimate life and hanging out with several partners at a time with no responsibilities or limits. You cannot just download a polyamorous dating app and do polygamy out of the blue. There are a lot of challenges to overcome, things to settle and work on.
You should realize what you are into and be ready to put in some decent efforts in your open relationships.
With the open type of relationships, you gain extra possibilities emotionally and physically.
- Open-minded attitude – when you become polygamous, you open yourself not only to enhanced private life but break some unnecessary restrictions in your everyday life. This way, you get more space for self-development. You can open your personality more, enhance horizons, and attain qualitatively new experience. There are many poly individuals who talk about being too reserved and underestimating themselves beforehand. But with polyamorous relationships, they managed to overcome personal fears and open themselves from a new and better side.
- Enhanced opportunities – polygamy gives you more possibilities in relationships. You have the chance to bring more passion and experiments in your intimate life, interact closely with different people at once, learn from them, and have a more colorful routine as well. When you think about your ideal partner and compile some qualities you want him/her to have, in monogamy, you can end up with disappointment since your soulmate will have some of the desired features, lacking others. But in polygamy you can be in relationships with several people, every having the different qualities you are looking for, so that you will be satisfied in total.
- Honesty – having some physical or emotional desires your monogamous partner doesn’t want or cannot satisfy, you may either live on unhappily or cheat on your soulmate. Meanwhile, in polygamous relationships, there is no place for lying or cheating since the partnership is built on openness, honesty, and trust. Multiple polls provided by polyamorous dating sites free prove that polyamorous people are fairer and more open in their relationships since they come to and stick to a mutual agreement with all their partners from the very beginning.
- Problem-solving – according to the latest surveys polyamorous couples tend to cope with problems better than monogamous ones. While the latter try to avoid, hide, or share about their problems with the other people, poly-couples prefer to solve the issues inside their partnership, interacting openly and equally with all the partners involved. While poly relationships are built on discussions, the arguments do happen but are solved in a qualitative interaction with top solutions created with ease. This way, the partners get better outcomes in the end.
- More support – everyday life may overwhelm you with multiple problems at a time: family disagreements, work issues, personal worries, health disorders, and more. With one partner being too busy to listen to and support you, you can accept help from the other one, feel cared for, and resolve your problem with no hurdles. But remember to be responsive to other partners’ problems as well. So, when the time comes, be ready to support your partners as well.
- Rules – while most monogamous couples just fall in love and come together without discussing big and small details, which may result in relationship issues, polyamorous couples, on the contrary, begin their relationships by setting rules and regulations and come to a mutual agreement on how to manage their routine and intimate life for the satisfaction of all of the sides.
Although polyamory is a tempting option, it is not suitable for everyone and can have several disadvantages depending on the situation.
- Strong feelings – you may start with polyamorous dating, but over time get too tied to one of your partner and aim for monogamy with him/her. But regarding the rules you set at the beginning, including the warning about ‘no monogamous relationships are accepted,’ your desire will be turned down, and you will be left on your own with your broken heart.
- Jealousy – polyamorous people are very open-minded and take challenges with peace. But things happen, and if you get too attracted to one of your partners, a problem of jealousy may arise. In case you have no desire and strength to overcome it, your polyamorous partnership will eventually get ruined. And you will be left alone or for monogamy only in the end.
- No equal commitment – in polygamy, one can distinguish primary and secondary partners, and physical and emotional attention are paid respectively. But there are situations when secondary partners commit to relationships more than primary ones, not getting the same attitude back, which may seem insulting for them. Secondary partners may urge for more and can be left disappointed after their desires turned down.
- Energy-required – any type of relationships require much time, energy, and efforts to commit qualitatively. It may seem hard to please and care about only one person being in a monogamous couple, but when talking about polyamorous relationships, you have to multiply your commitment and spend more time, efforts, and energy, respectively. Not everyone can handle and offer such an amount of attention and energy.
- Health risks – in a case of sexual interaction in polygamy the health issues arise. When you are poly, and all of your partners are, your sexual contacts and risks increase significantly. So, mind to be very cautious with polyamorous intimacy, and remember that condoms and other barriers will not protect you from all the dangers to your health for a hundred percent.
- Prejudiced attitude – if you prefer to hide your poly status, then this is not your case, but you will face other inconveniences then. But if you reveal your polyamorous preferences, you may suffer from a prejudiced attitude almost surely. In our society, where monogamy is a common relationship model, being gay or poly, means being different and even not normal. Your life position may be taken disapprovingly by your family, friends, at your workplace, or in the street. If you are ready for all the tight lips, rolled eyes, and offensive comments, then there is no problem for you.
- Dating limits – being poly, it is sometimes really troublesome to find a partner. You cannot spot someone attractive or handsome in the street, at the party, at your workplace, or wherever else, since you cannot know whether they are ready for polyamorous relationships. So, there is a high chance of being turned down and get disappointed in the end. The only space you can feel free to make new acquaintances is polyamorous dating sites.
Getting to know all the peculiarities of polygamy, its pros and cons, you decide whether polyamorous relationships are for you. Mind that any type of relationships has its troubles and pleasures. So, if you are eager to gain pleasures, you should be ready to solve the troubles. Open yourself and succeed at poly relationships with ease.
Polyamorous Dating Tips and Advices
If you turn out to be polyamorous, you ought to know where to start. The thing worth doing is visiting polyamorous dating sites free to encounter a partner or partners best suitable for you.
But when it comes to dating itself, it is vital to know dos and don’ts not to ruin what may become a strong and rewarding partnership eventually.
- Get acquainted – when beginning new poly relationships, you are recommended to get acquainted not only with your primary partner but his/her partners you will interact with as well. You’d rather get on well with all members of your partnership to make it to success. But you are not forced into anything, so, if you don’t feel comfortable, just quit and find a better option instead.
- Care about health – being in relationships with multiple people at once, you should care about your health even more. There is nothing fun and pleasant in getting a sex-transmitted disease or unplanned pregnancy. That is why regular testing, barriers, precautions as to sexual relationships are out of discussion. Clear this out from the very beginning with all the partners you are related to directly or within other partners.
- No set frames – you may have some set images about polyamorous relationships that differ from your partners’ ones. But don’t strive to turn the relationships go your way, aim to encounter the setting convenient and satisfactory for all the members.
- Not rules but limits – you are not at school, and this is not a place for rules, but limits are what you really should settle. It’s not recommended to discuss some dos and don’ts since you cannot predict all situations that may happen in your poly relationships; better set boundaries you will never cross. So, work in the mode ‘let’s go no further than’ to make everyone feel comfortable in the relationships. Stop word, known and universal for all of your partners is another good idea you’d better consider. This will help you to avoid and prevent some ambiguous and unpleasant issues in your partnership.
- Arguments and jealousy do happen – if you think that polyamorous relationships are pure fun and satisfaction, you are wrong. Polygamy is not cloudless, and arguments and jealousy do happen. Due to this, you’d better get physically and mentally prepared to overcome the hurdles and help your partners out as well. Think about some calming methods, breathing techniques, discussions, cooperative ways to solve the issues, and so on. Mind that in some cases, it is advisable to lean on your partners who have rich experience in poly relations, and they will assist you in sorting the things out.
- Know your role – if you are the secondary partner from the very beginning, don’t aim to fight for the place of the primary one. You are not competitors for more love and attention, you are partners and ought to cooperate. If you are moved back and lose your role and privileges in the relationships, discuss it and care about your rights. In case talks don’t bring any results, quit the relationships you are not praised in.
- Choose wisely – the top tip you’d better follow is the one of a smart choice. So, just diving into first attractive relationships in a polyamorous dating app is far from the best option. Get to know your potential poly partner closer and everyone you will interact with. If you like someone from the poly partnership but can’t get on well with others, you’d better skip it.
All of the poly tips are aimed at one thing—feeling convenient and getting pleasure from the partnership. You have to feel emotionally and physically safe, comfortable, and satisfied with the polygamous partnership, otherwise, there is no point in it.
So, take your time to look closer, exploit only trustworthy polyamorous dating sites, tailor your relationships with care, put in enough time and efforts, aim to cooperation, and don’t underestimate yourself in any case.
Who Will Join Polyamorous Online Dating in 2020
With the development of modern technologies, polyamorous people are now in a far better situation than they used to be. Polyamorous dating sites free allow people to encounter partners with similar relationship predispositions.
Trustworthy dating platforms for poly will enable you to encounter the partner or partners of preferable age, sex, appearance, and interests fast and with no difficulties.
But primarily, you need to understand whether you are poly or just bored with the plain relationships. You ought to give yourself a decent time to dwell on your attitude to relationships in general and in certain situations. Do you wish to have several partners at once? Do you have the necessity for and be loved by several partners? Are you capable of responding to the feelings of several partners simultaneously? How do you take your partner having other partners at once? What is your approach to jealousy? Monogamy? The intimate life experiments? Are you prepared to overcome difficulties with your potential partners?
If your answers are mostly positive, then you are warmly invited to the world of polygamy. Reach polyamorous dating sites and do your best to build up your happiness no matter the hurdles.
Polyamory means having and being able to be in qualitative relationships with several people at once. People go polygamous not because of boredom but due to the necessity and readiness to love and have several people by your side simultaneously.
Yet, it is vital to consider all the peculiarities of polygamy before making serious decisions. Although polyamory will open new relationship horizons to you, inspire you for self-development, bring you qualitatively new experience of more honest, open, and enhanced relationships, you will be greatly supported in, you ought to be ready for some challenges. Health issues, jealousy, issues with commitment and unmet expectations, prejudices from your family or friends, and more can happen to you in polyamorous relationships. On the contrary, monogamy can have the same issues.
If you are ready for polyamorous dating, care to spend great efforts on it. Care about your health, be open and ready for changes and alternatives, think about personal boundaries, get prepared to cooperate and overcome difficulties together, and you will succeed eventually.
Polyamory, as well as any kind of relationships, can be harsh sometimes, but if you choose wisely and do your best, you will be happy and satisfied to be a poly.